I thought this was WAY too sweet. If I made this again, I would cut the sugar in half.
Yield: Makes about 4 cups
More From Southern Living
Freeze: 30 Minutes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnishes: fresh blueberries, lemon rind strips
- Process blueberries in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Press blueberry puree through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a large bowl, discarding solids. Add sugar, buttermilk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to bowl, and stir until well blended.
- Pour blueberry mixture into freezer container of a 4-quart ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Garnish each serving, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts