these are second to none. light, fluffy, easy to make. i think my made at home come out better than those at marston"s!
Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 322
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 841mg
- Cholesterol: 96mg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained, or canned blueberries, drained (see notes)
- Salad oil
- 1. In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, and butter until blended. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture, then gently stir in blueberries.
- 2. Place a nonstick griddle or a 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat (350°). When hot, coat griddle lightly with oil and adjust heat to maintain temperature. Spoon batter in 1/3-cup portions onto griddle and cook until pancakes are browned on the bottom and edges begin to look dry, about 2 minutes; turn with a wide spatula and brown other sides, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes longer. Coat pan with more oil as necessary to cook remaining pancakes.
- 3. Serve pancakes as cooked, or keep warm in a single layer on baking sheets in a 200° oven for up to 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch