From Jacqueline Traffas: Sharon, Kansas. Editor's Note: If using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter. Recipe published in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005.
Cool: 10 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) 2% milk
- 1 cup(s) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 can(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon(s) cold butter
- • In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries. Spread into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- • For topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- • Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note