Good night, this was awesome! Normally I find it wrong to rate a recipe if I made a substitute but this is the exception. Blueberries were way expensive so I used fresh black raspberries and I don't think that affected it at all. The sauce is a must. Had it with husband for afternoon tea. Only thing is, I baked it in a souffle dish for about 30 minutes. I would even serve this for company brunch. One we will make again!
Blueberry Bread Puddings with Lemon Curd
Randy Mayor; Katie Stoddard
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 240
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 7.1g
- Carbohydrate: 41.9g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 234mg
- Calcium: 84mg
- 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed French bread (about 8 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries, divided
- Lemon curd:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- To prepare puddings, combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add bread, tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Divide half of bread mixture evenly among 8 (6-ounce) ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with 3/4 cup berries. Divide remaining bread mixture among ramekins; top with 3/4 cup berries.
- Cover each ramekin with foil. Place ramekins in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch. Bake, covered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- To prepare lemon curd, combine 1/3 cup sugar and 1 egg in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk. Cook 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves and mixture is light in color, stirring constantly. Stir in lemon juice and butter; cook 2 minutes or until mixture coats the back of a spoon, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Place saucepan in a large ice-filled bowl for 5 minutes or until lemon curd cools to room temperature. Serve lemon curd over warm bread puddings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Blueberry Bread Puddings with Lemon Curd Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts