My daughter chose this recipe for a 4-H Food Show. It has a delicious flavor. My berries were a little dried which probably effected the moistness.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
Cool: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir in blueberries.
- 2. Whisk together sugar and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly blended. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until blended. Pour batter into a lightly greased 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Blackberry Bread: Prepare recipe as directed in Step 1, substituting 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries for blueberries. Proceed with recipe as directed, increasing bake time to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads