- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pat blueberries dry with paper towels; set aside.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; cut in shortening with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Whisk together egg and buttermilk; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times.
- Pat or roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness; cut with a 2 3/4-inch round cutter, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Stir together butter, 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; brush mixture over warm biscuits.
- NOTE: Recipe can be doubled. Store biscuits in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks in freezer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note