Absolutely fabulous,moist great flavor,one of the best recipes I have. I made with Splenda.and no topping,added more blueberries thanks.
More From Sunset
Prep And Cook:
1 Hour, 15 Minutes
Cool: 45 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 319
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Protein: 4.8g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 51g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 347mg
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained, or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups plus one tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3)
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- Oatmeal Streusel
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. In a small bowl, gently mix blueberries with 1 tablespoon of the flour.
- 3. In another bowl, blend remaining 2 cups flour, the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- 4. In a third, large bowl, whisk bananas, buttermilk, butter, and egg to blend. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture just until evenly moistened; the batter will be stiff. Gently stir in blueberry mixture.
- 5. Spread batter level in a buttered 5- by 9-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with oatmeal streusel and press in lightly.
- 6. Bake bread in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes.
- 7. Let bread cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then run a knife around edges to loosen. Invert bread onto a plate, remove pan, and turn over onto rack to cool completely, about 45 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads