I thickened this up with some Italian wine jam which is really thick. Then I put it on top of lemon cheesecake. Was a major hit
Blueberries in Black Pepper-Syrah Syrup
Enough already with pairing wine with each dish; just put it right in the dessert. Syrah often has blueberry flavors to contribute; add a little black pepper to the real berries to clinch the match. Prep and Cook Time: about 15 minutes. Notes: Serve these berries with dark chocolate truffles.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 132
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 12mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 bottle (750 ml.) Syrah
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cartons (6 oz. each) blueberries, rinsed and drained
- Twists of lemon peel
- 1. In a small pan, combine Syrah and sugar. Boil over medium-high heat (watch to make sure mixture doesn't boil over), stirring often, until reduced by about half, about 15 minutes. Stir in vanilla and pepper and let cool.
- 2. Put blueberries in a bowl and pour Syrah mixture over them. Chill airtight for at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.
- 3. Serve in small dessert bowls or glasses garnished with twists of lemon peel.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note