The Blue Steel
Photo: Andrew Purcell
More From Food & Wine
- 2 ounces golden rum
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (see Note)
- 1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 ounce passion fruit juice
- 1/4 ounce orgeat (almond-flavored syrup)
- 1 dash of Angostura bitters
- Crushed ice
- 1/2 ounce blue curaçao
- Orange and lime wheels, for garnish
- In a cocktail glass, stir everything except the ice, blue curaçao and garnishes. Add crushed ice and mix with a swizzle stick or bar spoon, then pack more crushed ice on top. Pour the blue curaçao over the drink and garnish with orange and lime wheels.
Note: To make simple syrup, simmer 1/2 cup water with 1/2 cup granulated sugar, stirring frequently until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages, Alcoholic