- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (optional)
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add green onions and celery, and saute until tender. Reduce heat to low; stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually stir in broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Add half-and-half, milk, and cheese; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Stir in sherry, if desired.