Blue Ribbon White Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 8 egg whites
- Marshmallow Glaze
- Candied cherries
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with half-and-half, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter into a greased 10- inch Bundt pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely. Drizzle Marshmallow Glaze over cake, and garnish with candied cherries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note