Blue Moon and Corona Cupcakes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) butter at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) orange or lime zest
- 1 cup(s) Blue Moon or Corona beer plus more for brushing on tops
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- orange and lime wedges for garnish
- sanding sugar for garnish
- - Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- - In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- - In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- - Add eggs, beating after each addition then add the vanilla and zest.
- - Combine milk and beer and alternatively add this mixture and the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture with the mixer on low speed, starting and ending with the flour.
- - Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 18 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- - When cupcakes are done, poke holes in the tops of the cupcakes with toothpicks and brush some beer on each while still warm.
- For the citrus cream cheese frosting:
- 12 oz cream cheese, cold
- 6 tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed orange/lime juice
- 1 tsp orange/lime zest
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- - Cream together the cream cheese and butter in an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- - Add the citrus juice and zest and gradually add the powdered sugar until well-combined. Beat until smooth for about 2 minutes.
- - Load frosting in a piping bag fit with a large star tip and pipe cupcake tops once cooled.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CathyWahlstrom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Blue Moon and Corona Cupcakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts