Blue Cranberry Sauce
- 12 ounce(s) cranberries
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1 pint(s) blueberries
- 1. Wash and pick over cranberries. Place in a medium saucepan with water and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, stir and simmer for 10 minutes or until cranberries burst.
- 2. Slightly mash the cranberries with the back of a wooden spoon to insure all skins are broken. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Mix well.
- 3. Remove from heat and mix in the blueberries (don’t be afraid to break a few, but don’t over-mash either). The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- 4. Transfer to a bowl, cool slightly and place plastic wrap directly on top of sauce to cover. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 3 cups.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SSE408 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note