Blue Crab Dip
Howard L. Puckett
If blue crabs aren't available in your area, substitute Dungeness or other fresh crabmeat.
Yield: Makes 4 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 pound fresh lump blue crabmeat
- Crackers or toast points
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add green onions and garlic, and sauté until tender. Stir in flour, and cook 1 minute. Gradually stir in half-and-half and next 3 ingredients.
- Gently fold in crabmeat without breaking up lumps. Pour into a lightly greased 8- x 8-inch baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Serve with crackers or toast points.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note