I used whole wheat flour and Almond Milk - just fabulous. Great texture. Can't wait to make it again for a group.
Blue Corn Pancakes
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 410
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 727mg
- Cholesterol: 132mg
- 1 cup blue or yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Salad oil
- 1. In a bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk in milk and eggs until blended, then whisk in butter.
- 2. Place a nonstick griddle or a 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat (350°); when hot, coat lightly with oil and adjust heat to maintain temperature. Spoon batter in 1/3-cup portions onto griddle and cook until pancakes are browned on the bottom and edges begin to look dry, about 2 minutes; turn with a wide spatula and brown other sides, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes longer. Coat pan with more oil as necessary to cook remaining pancakes.
- 3. Serve pancakes as cooked or keep warm in a single layer on baking sheets in a 200° oven for up to 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch