- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 5 ounces creamy blue cheese, rind removed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 (14-oz.) whole grain bread loaves (22 slices)
- 1/4 cup fig, cherry, or apricot preserves
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Bake walnuts in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 5 minutes. Cool completely (about 20 minutes).
Stir together walnuts and next 3 ingredients. Spread on 1 side of each bread slice. Spread fig preserves on half of bread slices; top with remaining bread slices, cheese sides down. Chill sandwiches in airtight zip-top plastic bags up to 24 hours, if desired. Cut crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into 8 pieces.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Saga blue cheese and Pepperidge Farm Whole Grain 15 Grain Bread.