Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crumbled blue cheese and mixed herbs combine with a diced green tomato for a divine dressing. Here, Blue Cheese Vinaigrette dresses Fried Oysters with Green Tomato, Sweet Corn, and Quick Pickled Okra
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced green tomato
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed herbs (chervil, tarragon, chives)
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cut corn from cobs, reserving cobs. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add corn, and cook 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine chicken stock and corn cobs in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- 3. Pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer; cool to room temperature or chill until ready to use.
- 4. Stir green tomato into cooled corn; stir mixture into corn stock. Just before serving, mix in herbs, blue cheese, and cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This