- 2 ears fresh corn
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced green tomato
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed herbs (chervil, tarragon, chives)
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
Cut corn from cobs, reserving cobs. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add corn, and cook 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, combine chicken stock and corn cobs in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
Pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer; cool to room temperature or chill until ready to use.
Stir green tomato into cooled corn; stir mixture into corn stock. Just before serving, mix in herbs, blue cheese, and cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.