Blue Cheese, Turkey, and Rice Salad
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 416
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 30.2g
- Carbohydrate: 46.7g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 526mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 3 cups water
- 1 (6-ounce) package wild rice
- 1 medium-size sweet red pepper
- 3 cups trimmed, chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1 3/4 cups chopped cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canned low-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 12 large spinach leaves
- Combine water and rice in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 50 to 60 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain well; let cool.
- Cut pepper in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and membrane. Place pepper, skin side up, on a baking sheet, and flatten with palm of hand. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 15 to 20 minutes or until charred. Place in ice water until cool; peel and discard skin. Dice pepper.
- Combine rice, red pepper, chopped spinach, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss lightly.
- Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Pour vinegar mixture over rice mixture, and toss well. Cover and chill thoroughly.
- To serve, place 3 spinach leaves on each of 4 plates. Top evenly with rice mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note