- 3 cups water
- 1 (6-ounce) package wild rice
- 1 medium-size sweet red pepper
- 3 cups trimmed, chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1 3/4 cups chopped cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canned low-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 12 large spinach leaves
- calories 416
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 12.8 g
- satfat 5.1 g
- monofat 4 g
- polyfat 2.3 g
- protein 30.2 g
- carbohydrate 46.7 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 55 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 526 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine water and rice in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 50 to 60 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain well; let cool.
Cut pepper in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and membrane. Place pepper, skin side up, on a baking sheet, and flatten with palm of hand. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 15 to 20 minutes or until charred. Place in ice water until cool; peel and discard skin. Dice pepper.
Combine rice, red pepper, chopped spinach, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss lightly.
Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Pour vinegar mixture over rice mixture, and toss well. Cover and chill thoroughly.
To serve, place 3 spinach leaves on each of 4 plates. Top evenly with rice mixture.