Blue Cheese-Topped Steaks
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) crumbled blue cheese
- 4 1/2 teaspoon(s) dry bread crumbs
- 4 1/2 teaspoon(s) minced fresh parsley
- 4 1/2 teaspoon(s) minced chives
- Dash pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) Madeira wine
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) browning sauce, optional
- • In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, chives and pepper. Press onto one side of each steak.
- • In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook steaks over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- • Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- • Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in broth and wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Serve with steaks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note