Blue Cheese-Stuffed Steaks for Two
For a fast, fancy dinner for two, try this tender beef with a mild blue cheese stuffing. Grape tomatoes sauteed in garlic make a colorful and flavorful accompaniment. From Teddy Devico: Warren, New Jersey. Editor's Note: Top loin steak may be labeled as strip steak, Kansas City steak, New York strip steak, ambassador steak or boneless club steak in your region. Recipe published in Taste of Home June/July 2011.
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2 cup(s) grape tomatoes
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup(s) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- • In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Cover and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden and softened. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until tomatoes just begin to burst. Remove from the skillet; set aside and keep warm.
- • Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each steak; fill with blue cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- • In the same skillet, cook steaks over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with tomato mixture.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note