This recipe was very disappointing. The only thing that tasted good were the pears. I personally think it needs a sauce.
Blue Cheese-Stuffed Pork Chops with Pears
More From Cooking Light
Total: 24 Minutes
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Protein: 24.4g
- Carbohydrate: 7.3g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 493mg
- Calcium: 98mg
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 ripe pear, cored and cut into 16 wedges
- 1. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each pork chop to form a pocket. Stuff 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese into each pocket. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper evenly over both sides of pork. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork to pan; sauté for 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove pork from pan, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Melt butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add pear; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Serve with pork.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes