Blue Cheese Spritz Straws
Notes: If making up to 3 days ahead, cool and store airtight at room temperature; freeze to store longer.
Yield: Makes 20 to 24 straws
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 64
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 1.7g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 5.2g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 70mg
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (2 1/2 oz.)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 1. In a bowl, with a mixer on high speed, beat butter and cheese until creamy. Add egg; beat until well blended. Stir in flour, then beat until well blended.
- 2. Scrape dough into a cookie press fitted with a rosette or star-shaped tip (1/2 in. across widest dimension). Press dough through tip in straight lines 6 to 8 inches long onto 12- by 15-inch baking sheets (you'll need two), spacing about 1 1/2 inches apart. Sprinkle spritz straws with almonds.
- 3. Bake in a 350° regular or 325° convection oven until straws are golden brown, 12 to 19 minutes, switching pan positions halfway through baking. With a wide spatula, transfer straws to racks to cool. Serve warm or cool.
- Nutritional analysis per straw.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note