Blue Cheese Spread with Spiced Walnuts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 299
- Calories from fat: 69%
- Protein: 6.9g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 356mg
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chèvre (goat) cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons brandy or milk
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced chives or green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 dozen unsalted water crackers or thin apple slices
- 1. Beat cream cheese, blue cheese, chèvre, butter, and brandy until creamy. Stir in 2 tablespoons chives. Mound in a small, shallow dish. If making ahead, cover and chill up to 2 days.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, and cardamom.
- 3. Pour chili oil and olive oil into an 8- to 10-inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add walnuts. Stir often until toasted, 5 to 7 minutes. Add sugar and stir until it melts onto nuts, about 1 minute.
- 4. Pour hot nuts into bowl with spices and mix to coat. If making ahead, let cool and store airtight up to 2 days.
- 5. Sprinkle nuts and remaining 1 tablespoon chives over cheese. Spread mixture onto crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Blue Cheese Spread with Spiced Walnuts Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers