These are wonderful with a hearty fall soup.
Blue Cheese Shortbread Leaves
The distinctive flavor of blue cheese and the crunch of pecans earn these tasty leaf-shaped wafers rave reviews. Use star-shaped cutters for another holiday variation.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 28 Minutes
Cool: 45 Minutes
Chill: 1 Hour
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place chopped pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- 2. Process blue cheese and butter in a food processor 10 to 15 seconds or until creamy, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Add flour and next 3 ingredients; pulse 9 to 10 times or until the mixture is crumbly. Add toasted pecans; pulse 9 to 10 times or until mixture forms moist clumps.
- 3. Transfer mixture onto plastic wrap on a flat surface, and gather dough into a ball shape; flatten into a 1-inch-thick disk. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill 1 hour or until firm.
- 4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Pat or roll to 1/8- to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with 1 1/2- and 2-inch leaf-shaped cutters. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 16 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack; cool 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This