I will try with Feta next time ... I followed the recipe exact with the Blue cheese option, and found it a little overpowering of the steak. Tasty, though. No complaints from the husband, but no raves, either. Easy recipe, good for quick week night meals.
Blue Cheese-Pepper Steak Wraps
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 wrap)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 310
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 26.3g
- Carbohydrate: 32.4g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 4.1mg
- Sodium: 732mg
- Calcium: 103mg
- 12 ounces boned top round steak
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Trim fat from beef; slice into 1/4-inch strips. Set aside.
- Combine the mustard, black pepper, garlic, and salt in a large bowl. Add beef, tossing to coat.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef mixture; sauté 4 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm. Add mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add water; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in beef mixture and vinegar. Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
- Warm tortillas according to package instructions. Spoon 1 cup mixture onto each tortilla; top each serving with 1/2 cup lettuce, and roll up.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note