Made this yesterday and it really was wonderful. Everyone enjoyed it. I used goat's milk blue cheese because I couldn't find the dolce cheese--otherwise I followed the recipe exactly. I would definitely make this again.
Blue Cheese and Pear Tart
We cut this tart up into small pieces for an elegant appetizer, but you could also slice it into large wedges and serve it with a green salad for a light meal.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 192
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Protein: 5.2g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 285mg
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- 1 sheet thawed frozen puff pastry (8.6 oz.)
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup gorgonzola dolce cheese
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 425° with a rack set on bottom. Lay dough flat on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Poke holes all over dough with a fork, leaving the outer inch untouched. Bake until dough starts to puff, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Whisk together egg and cheese until smooth and spread over dough, using a spoon to move mixture toward the corners. Sauté onion in oil in a frying pan until softened. Scatter onion and pear over cheese.
- 3. Bake until pastry is golden brown and egg has set, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with thyme and cut into squares.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2-piece serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers