Made this yesterday and it really was wonderful. Everyone enjoyed it. I used goat's milk blue cheese because I couldn't find the dolce cheese--otherwise I followed the recipe exactly. I would definitely make this again.
Blue Cheese and Pear Tart
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 192
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Protein: 5.2g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 285mg
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- 1 sheet thawed frozen puff pastry (8.6 oz.)
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup gorgonzola dolce cheese
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 425° with a rack set on bottom. Lay dough flat on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Poke holes all over dough with a fork, leaving the outer inch untouched. Bake until dough starts to puff, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Whisk together egg and cheese until smooth and spread over dough, using a spoon to move mixture toward the corners. Sauté onion in oil in a frying pan until softened. Scatter onion and pear over cheese.
- 3. Bake until pastry is golden brown and egg has set, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with thyme and cut into squares.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2-piece serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers