These were fabulous. And so easy to make. Only change au made was to add a half ounce of prosciutto to each sandwich. Just pop them in the toaster oven and they're done. Couldn't be simpler.
Blue Cheese and Pear Sandwiches
This "salad and sandwich in one" features a hearty slice of peasant bread topped with sweet pears, pungent blue cheese, and peppery watercress. Look for artisan peasant bread in the bakery at your supermarket.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 211
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 7.5g
- Carbohydrate: 31.7g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 506mg
- Calcium: 139mg
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) slices peasant bread
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely chopped watercress
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Coat each slice with cooking spray; broil 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted.
- 3. While bread cooks, combine watercress, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; toss gently.
- 4. Place pear slices evenly on bread slices; top with blue cheese. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; top with watercress mixture. Serve immediately.
- Serve with: White BalsamicDill Pasta Salad
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note