Blue Cheese-Onion Steak Bites
This hearty appetizer, with the flavor pairing of blue cheese and steak, adds garlic and onion, making it ideal for parties or a great light lunch. From Jo-Ellen Neil: Arroyo Grande, California. Recipe published in Taste of Home February/March 2011.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced into rings
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 loaf(s) (10-1/2 ounces) French bread baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- • In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until onions are softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- • Meanwhile, sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- • Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cut into thin slices.
- • Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- • Meanwhile, place the cream cheese, blue cheese, salt and pepper in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Spread each bread slice with 1 teaspoon cheese mixture; top with steak and onions.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note