Blue Cheese 'n' Fruit Tossed Salad
Recipe from a newspaper with a calorie reduction. Serve the dressing on the side so diners can add as much or as little as they wish. From Michel Larson: Chandler, Arizona. Serving Accompaniments: Italian Turkey and Noodles and Herb Cheese Bread. Recipe published in Light & Tasty April/May 2005.
Yield: 8 servings
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) canola oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 cup(s) torn romaine
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 1 11-ounce can(s) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup(s) pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled blue cheese
- In blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until blended. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, apples, oranges and pecans. Add dressing and toss to coat; sprinkle with blue cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note