Blue Cheese 'n' Fruit Tossed Salad
Recipe from a newspaper with a calorie reduction. Serve the dressing on the side so diners can add as much or as little as they wish. From Michel Larson: Chandler, Arizona. Serving Accompaniments: Italian Turkey and Noodles and Herb Cheese Bread. Recipe published in Light & Tasty April/May 2005.
Yield: 8 servings
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) canola oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 cup(s) torn romaine
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 1 11-ounce can(s) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup(s) pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled blue cheese
- In blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until blended. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, apples, oranges and pecans. Add dressing and toss to coat; sprinkle with blue cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes