I also wanted a stronger tasting cracker. I would up the cayenne (1/2 tsp +) and blue cheese (2 cups). Dough would probably stand up to a cookie press. Could also possibly roll out the dough and use cookie cutters.
Blue Cheese Cocktail Crackers
These savory little bites are great to serve with drinks. They're also a tasty snack for game day. Prep and Cook Time: about 35 minutes.
Yield: Makes about 4 dozen crackers
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 80
- Calories from fat: 66%
- Protein: 1.7g
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 116mg
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. With a mixer on medium speed, cream together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add cayenne, blue cheese, flour, rice cereal, and bacon (if using) and beat on medium-low speed until well blended. The dough will be stiff.
- 2. Roll 1-tablespoon portions into balls and place slightly apart on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork.
- 3. Bake until crackers are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note