These have great flavor. I ended up adding more water than suggested and baking them for almost 20 minutes (after turning them over half-way through).
Blue Cheese and Chive Straws
Photo: Sang An; Styling: Christina Wressel
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 47
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 4.7g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 78mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and butter in a food processor; pulse to blend. Add cheese, chives, salt, and pepper; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Drizzle water into flour mixture until dough forms a ball. Roll dough into a 16 x 8-inch rectangle. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 3. Cut dough crosswise into 64 (1/4-inch-wide) slices. Place 1/2 inch apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool straws completely on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Blue Cheese and Chive Straws Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This