- 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cold water
- calories 47
- fat 2.5 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- monofat 0.7 g
- polyfat 0.1 g
- protein 1.4 g
- carbohydrate 4.7 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- cholesterol 6 mg
- iron 0.3 mg
- sodium 78 mg
- calcium 21 mg
How to Make It
Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and butter in a food processor; pulse to blend. Add cheese, chives, salt, and pepper; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Drizzle water into flour mixture until dough forms a ball. Roll dough into a 16 x 8-inch rectangle. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cut dough crosswise into 64 (1/4-inch-wide) slices. Place 1/2 inch apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool straws completely on wire racks.