Blue Cheese and Caramelized Onion Pizza Bread
More From Oxmoor House
Rise: 45 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 27.2g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 394mg
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Calcium: 29mg
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water (100Â° to 110Â°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 red onion, cut into thin rings
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine yeast, sugar, and water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir 1 tablespoon olive oil into yeast mixture.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and 1 teaspoon salt. Gradually stir flour mixture into yeast mixture, using a wooden spoon. Stir dough 2 minutes with wooden spoon. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gradually knead blue cheese into dough until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium- high heat until hot. Coat with cooking spray; add onion. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring often, 12 to 15 minutes or until onion is tender and browned. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Coat a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cornmeal. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 12-inch circle, and place into pan, patting dough to edge. Brush 1 teaspoon olive oil over dough. Make fingertip indentations at 1-inch intervals over dough. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper over dough. Top with onion.
- Bake at 450° for 15 to 17 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cut into 10 slices. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes