Blue Cheese Biscuits With Buffalo Shrimp Salad
Yield: Makes 18 to 20 appetizer servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 12 Minutes
Cool: 10 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup CRISCO Shortening
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Buffalo Shrimp Salad
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut shortening and butter into dry ingredients using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/2 cup blue cheese.
- 2. Make a well in center of mixture. Add buttermilk to dry mixture, and stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto a floured surface, and knead 4 to 5 times. Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 1 3/4-inch round cutter, and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool on pan 10 minutes.
- 4. Cut each biscuit in half lengthwise. Spoon 1 Tbsp. Buffalo Shrimp Salad onto bottom half of each biscuit; cover with top halves of each biscuit. Reserve remaining Buffalo Shrimp Salad for another use. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note