This was my first attempt at making biscuits and they turned out delicious. My guy and toddler absolutely loved them. My son ate two of them. Haha! I think these are a great addition to a dinner whether for weeknight or company and easy and quick to prepare. I ended up grilling some steak and green onions and serving these as a side. If this is your first attempt at making biscuits it's okay to call mom and have her inform you to add more flour until the dough is managable but still soft. Thanks mom!
Blue Cheese Biscuits
Pair these savory biscuits with Beef Tenderloin With Horseradish Cream for a flavorful appetizer.
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled blue cheese
- Stir together all ingredients just until blended.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Pat dough to a 3/4-inch thickness; cut with a 2-inch round cutter. Place dough rounds on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note