I used 4 potatoes, and that amount filled the 8 halves perfectly. I served these alongside oven-fried chicken for company, and they went over very well. I will make them again. Other than only using 4 potatoes I followed the recipe exactly.
Blue Cheese and Bacon Twice-Baked Potatoes
You can stuff and refrigerate the potato shells up to two days ahead. Add about five minutes to the cook time if starting with cold potatoes. Serve with everything from steak to Thanksgiving dinner.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 264
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Carbohydrate: 41.7g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 658mg
- Calcium: 117mg
- 5 (12-ounce) baking potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Place potato pulp, buttermilk, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Spoon about 1/2 cup potato mixture into each of 8 shells (reserve remaining shells for another use). Arrange stuffed shells on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Blue Cheese and Bacon Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This