If you don't own a pizza pan, you can find inexpensive, disposable rimmed pizza pans at the supermarket. For a quick side, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard in a bowl. Add 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes, 5 cups mixed greens, 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, and 1/4 cup chopped pitted dates; toss to coat.
Cooking Light APRIL 2014
1. Combine 1/2 cup warm water, 5 teaspoons oil, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes or until bubbly. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add flour and salt to yeast mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic.
2. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
3. Preheat oven to 450°.
4. Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a 12-inch rimmed pizza pan sprinkled with cornmeal. Let stand 5 minutes. Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
5. Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon. Return pan to medium heat. Add onion to drippings; cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
6. Combine ricotta and nutmeg in a small bowl. Spread ricotta mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top evenly with bacon, onion mixture, and blue cheese. Brush edges of dough with remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Top pizza evenly with arugula and pear; sprinkle with pepper. Cut into 8 wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Go to full version of