Not very flavorful
Pear, Blue Cheese, and Bacon Focaccia-Style Pizza
If you don't own a pizza pan, you can find inexpensive, disposable rimmed pizza pans at the supermarket. For a quick side, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard in a bowl. Add 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes, 5 cups mixed greens, 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, and 1/4 cup chopped pitted dates; toss to coat.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Calories: 417
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 60g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 486mg
- Calcium: 162mg
- 1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 7.9 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 3 center-cut bacon slices, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 Bosc pear, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup warm water, 5 teaspoons oil, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes or until bubbly. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add flour and salt to yeast mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic.
- 2. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
- 3. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 4. Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a 12-inch rimmed pizza pan sprinkled with cornmeal. Let stand 5 minutes. Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
- 5. Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon. Return pan to medium heat. Add onion to drippings; cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 6. Combine ricotta and nutmeg in a small bowl. Spread ricotta mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top evenly with bacon, onion mixture, and blue cheese. Brush edges of dough with remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Top pizza evenly with arugula and pear; sprinkle with pepper. Cut into 8 wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This