This was easy and very savory. I made the recipe exactly as written. My Son-in-law couldn't keep his hands off these. We enjoyed the few that were left for breakfast the next morning...so much better than a sweet pastry. If you like bacon and blue cheese...you will LOVE these...
Blue Cheese-and-Bacon Puffs
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 8 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- Bring 11/2 cups water and butter to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and next 3 ingredients; cook, beating with a wooden spoon, until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a smooth ball of dough. Remove from heat, and cool 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well with spoon after each addition. Beat in cheese, bacon, and chopped green onions.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. (Puffs will be moist in center.) Serve puffs warm or at room temperature.
- Note: Puffs may be frozen up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator overnight, and reheat at 350° for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This