- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 8 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
How to Make It
Combine 1 1/2 cups water and butter in a heavy saucepan; bring to a boil. Add flour, salt, and peppers; cook, beating with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a smooth ball. Remove from heat; cool 4 to 5 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in cheese, bacon, and green onions.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.