Blue and Red Flannel Hash
Community Recipe from
- 1 red onion
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 1-2 sweet potatos
- 1-2 yukon gold potatos
- 1-2 red bell peppers
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley
- 4 fried eggs
- 3/4 cup blue cheese
- 1 15 oz can pickled beets, sliced in half
- 8 turkey or pork sausages, casings removed, sliced
- pre cook sausage bits until browned. Remove from pan with slotted spoon.
- put chopped onion, bell pepper and thyme into pan. Sweat for 5 minutes
- add potato/sweet potato, season with S and P. reduce heat to low. cover and cook until potato is tender, stirring occasionally, about 10-20 mins
- increase heat to med high. stir sausage, beets, and half of parsley into potato. cook without stirring until hash begins to brown on bottom, about 5 mins. sprinkle cheese over. remove from heat. cover and let stand 5 mins
- fry up some eggs.
- divide up hash among 4 plates. put fried egg on top of each; sprinkle fresh parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lrussomanno and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes