BLTs with Caesar Mayo
Time: 25 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 sandwiches
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 827
- Calories from fat: 66%
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 61g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Sodium: 1858mg
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- 8 slices applewood-smoked bacon (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 drained canned anchovy fillet
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 8 large slices crusty bread, like sweet bâtard
- 2 large ripe red tomatoes, sliced
- About 1/4 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook bacon, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp but not brittle, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine mayonnaise, parmesan, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, anchovy, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire. Whirl until smooth. Scrape into a small bowl.
- 3. Spread Caesar mayo on bread slices. Top half with tomato and sprinkle with sea salt. Add bacon, lettuce, and remaining bread slices. Serve with extra mayo.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches