- 8 slices applewood-smoked bacon (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 drained canned anchovy fillet
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 8 large slices crusty bread, like sweet bâtard
- 2 large ripe red tomatoes, sliced
- About 1/4 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- calories 827
- caloriesfromfat 66 %
- protein 19 g
- fat 61 g
- satfat 13 g
- carbohydrate 52 g
- fiber 4.4 g
- sodium 1858 mg
- cholesterol 58 mg
How to Make It
In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook bacon, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp but not brittle, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine mayonnaise, parmesan, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, anchovy, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire. Whirl until smooth. Scrape into a small bowl.
Spread Caesar mayo on bread slices. Top half with tomato and sprinkle with sea salt. Add bacon, lettuce, and remaining bread slices. Serve with extra mayo.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.