"Blogging for Bucks" and "Boosting the BLT" by Michael Hastings. This sandwich recipe, submitted by Jen Schmidt from Stokesdale, won a Hillshire Farm best sandwich contest. The "family manager", part-time motivational speaker and beautyandbedlam.com blogger won $5000 for herself and $6500 for Compassion International, a nonprofit that helps impoverished children, with this souped-up version of a BLT. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: April 20, 2011.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Honey mustard dipping sauce
- Challah bread
- Red leaf lettuce
- Tomato slices
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Mesquite smoked turkey breast
- Cheddar cheese
- Red onions and roasted red peppers, sliced
- Italian dressing
- 1. Spread a layer of honey mustard sauce on the challah bread; place red leaf lettuce on top of the first bread slice.
- 2. Top with tomato slices and season with pepper to taste.
- 3. Place three slices of bacon over the tomato and then top with turkey, cheese, onions and roasted red peppers.
- 4. Drizzle a little Italian dressing over the red peppers and then top with the remaining slice of bread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note