"Blogging for Bucks" and "Boosting the BLT" by Michael Hastings. This sandwich recipe, submitted by Jen Schmidt from Stokesdale, won a Hillshire Farm best sandwich contest. The "family manager", part-time motivational speaker and beautyandbedlam.com blogger won $5000 for herself and $6500 for Compassion International, a nonprofit that helps impoverished children, with this souped-up version of a BLT. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: April 20, 2011.
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- Honey mustard dipping sauce
- Challah bread
- Red leaf lettuce
- Tomato slices
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Mesquite smoked turkey breast
- Cheddar cheese
- Red onions and roasted red peppers, sliced
- Italian dressing
- 1. Spread a layer of honey mustard sauce on the challah bread; place red leaf lettuce on top of the first bread slice.
- 2. Top with tomato slices and season with pepper to taste.
- 3. Place three slices of bacon over the tomato and then top with turkey, cheese, onions and roasted red peppers.
- 4. Drizzle a little Italian dressing over the red peppers and then top with the remaining slice of bread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes