This is a fun salad and would be a great, simple lunch. The big thing I would have changed was to use canola oil instead of extra virgin. The nutty flavor kind of overwhelmed things. Even so, it was very good. You can read my full review at Taking On Magazines: http://bit.ly/13OBdUo
BLT Salad with Eggs Sunny Side Up
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Total: 18 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 253
- Fat: 13.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 19.1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 197mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 536mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 3 cups French or ciabatta bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 ounces)
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 bacon slices
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Broil 1 minute or until browned, stirring after 30 seconds. Combine bread, lettuce, and oil; toss well.
- 3. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings; crumble bacon. Add tomatoes to drippings in pan. Cook 3 minutes or until soft; remove from pan. Gently break eggs into pan; cook 2 minutes. Cover; cook 1 minute or until desired degree of doneness.
- 4. Arrange 2 cups salad on each of 4 plates; top each with 1 egg. Sprinkle evenly with bacon, salt, and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note