The favorite ingredients of the classic summertime sandwich of bacon, lettuce, and tomato are turned into a crunchy BLT Salad--complete with country bread croutons.
More From Allyou
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 414
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 189mg
- Sodium: 1214mg
- 3 cups cubed country bread (3/4-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 head iceberg or butter lettuce, chopped
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Toss bread with oil and salt on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool.
- 2. Place eggs in a pan; cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When water reaches a boil, remove pan from heat, cover and let stand for 12 minutes. Run eggs under cold water to cool, then peel and quarter.
- 3. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 12 minutes. Let cool on a paper towel-lined plate; crumble.
- 4. In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add lettuce; toss to coat. Divide among plates; arrange tomato wedges, bacon, eggs and croutons on top. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note