Photo: Kate Mathis; Food Styling: Suzette Kaminski; Prop Styling: Shana Faust
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 493
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Sodium: 1480mg
- 20 slices bacon
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tomatoes
- 8 6-inch whole-wheat pitas
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1. Line a large baking sheet with paper towels. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, fry half of bacon until crisp, turning once, about 10 minutes total. Place on baking sheet, pour fat out of skillet and repeat with remaining bacon. Let cool; break each slice into 4 pieces.
- 2. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, avocado and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Slice tomatoes into 6 rounds and cut each round in half.
- 3. Cut pitas in half and open pockets. Divide avocado mixture among pitas, spreading evenly inside. Fill each half of a pita with 1/4 cup lettuce, 3 pieces of tomato and 5 pieces of bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes