Good but the mayo white sauce was a *little* strange. The roasted tomatoes were wonderful, though - I will use that technique with other pizzas for sure.
BLT Pizza with White Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Total: 45 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 353
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 658mg
- Calcium: 134mg
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 4 center-cut bacon slices
- 10 ounce fresh pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1. Place a pizza stone on bottom oven rack. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Arrange tomato slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with oregano and pepper. Place baking sheet directly on pizza stone. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until tomatoes are no longer wet. Remove tomatoes; keep stone in oven.
- 3. Increase oven temperature to 500°.
- 4. Combine mayonnaise, oil, chives, and garlic in a small bowl.
- 5. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp; drain on paper towels. Break into pieces.
- 6. Using well-floured hands, pat dough into a 10-inch circle. Place dough on a pizza peel or baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal. Pierce dough with a fork; transfer to preheated pizza stone. Bake at 500° for 5 minutes.
- 7. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Brush mayonnaise mixture over crust, leaving a 1-inch border; top with tomatoes and bacon. Top with cheese; coat crust edge with cooking spray. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts and crust browns. Top with arugula. Cut into 8 slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note